HJ Sims Annual Late Winter Conference
February 14-16, 2023
Hyatt Regency SarasotaLocation Info
Chuck Murphy, Executive Vice President/Senior Managing Director, Presents in Keynote Session
Managing Construction & Development Costs Towards a Successful Project
8:00 AM-9:15 AM ET
- Chuck Murphy, Executive Vice President/ Senior Managing Director, LCS
- Dan Godfrey, Partner, RLPS Architects
- Ken Ogden, President, LECESSE Construction no Pike Residential
- Jesse Shetlar, President, Performance Charter School Development
Session overview:High construction material and labor costs, supply chain delays, higher interest rates, and wage pressures are challenging the viability of many projects today. What strategies and tactics are available to mitigate these challenges? Hear from construction, design, and development experts to learn what can be done to help start-up and expansion projects be successful.
- Review the latest trends and future outlook around development and construction costs in the senior living and charter school sectors
- Understand effective design-related choices conducive to balancing accomplishment of aesthetic and functional goals while meeting budgetary constraints.
- Discuss options and strategies available that can mitigate time and cost exposures and improve certainty of execution during construction.
- Understand how the development process and key activities have changed in light of heightened economic and execution challenges while managing risk to the owner.